Looking for a high-performance, programmable, and compact 27.5mm buck driver? Look no further! The 27.5mm version can be sanded down to 26mm without any loss in functionality, so if you need a driver >26mm but <27.5mm, this one will work!
This driver MUST be soldered into the pill or held in place with a retaining ring. There must be a good thermal connection between the driver and pill. This means that you cannot simply piggyback or run the driver with only air cooling.
This driver takes up to 10 business days to be built, tested, and shipped. Your order will not ship until the driver is completed.
Features and Specifications:
- Low-profile: only 6mm with the Coilcraft inductor (much taller with external inductor! ~15mm)
- Nearly flat on the battery side
- Mode level options (see below)
- 2S-4S input voltage range
- Plenty of component clearance for retaining rings and a full ground ring for easy soldering
- Output Current:
A word of caution: due to the way a hysteretic buck converter works, there is an inherent 10% current ripple, so if your LED is only rated for 5A, it will most likely blow with the 5A option because it will see 5.5A peak current and you should choose the 4A option instead. Most newer XM-L2 emitters cannot handle the 5.5A or 6A option. Emitters in parallel divide current; emitters in series see the same current.
- 5.1A (Absolute maximum for most newer XM-L2 emitters; Also Maximum For 6V LEDs if using 3S+ cells)
The 27.5mm MTN-MAX is designed to be used with either an external inductor, or a small Coilcraft SMD inductor. The external inductor is preferable if there is enough room in your pill for it. The external inductor is lower cost, and offers higher efficiency.
- External ~15mm Height
- Coilcraft SMD: ~6mm Height
- Driver Program:
- MTN-MAX Standard: 4 well spaced modes. Moonlight, low, medium, and high/turbo.
- Single-Mode 100%: A single mode: 100% high only (with low voltage shutoff).
- CUSTOM: Choose your own modes (please put desired modes in checkout comments)
- 1 to 6 modes
- Ascending or descending mode order
- guppydrv Universal: See the 17mm FET driver listing for guppydrv mode groups.
- ***NO LOW VOLTAGE SHUTOFF WITH GUPPYDRV; ONLY RAMPDOWN TO WARN OF LOW BATTERIES---USE WITH PROTECTED CELLS***
- Memory: (n/a for guppydrv)
- Yes: remembers last mode.
- No: always starts in first mode
- Turbo Timer: (n/a for guppydrv)
- No Timer
- 30 Seconds
- 60 Seconds
- 90 Seconds
- 120 Seconds
- 180 Seconds
- Low Voltage Protection (LVP):
- 1. No LVP
- 2. 2S LVP (for 2S cells) - ~6V Ramp
- 3. 3S LVP (for 3S cells) - ~9V Ramp
- 4. 4S LVP (for 4S cells) - ~12V Ramp